Saturday 12 April 2014

44.7000° S, 169.1500° E - Skydive, Wanaka








A skydive has always been on the bucket list for me. However as it came closer and closer to the actual possibility of me jumping out of a plane it didn't seem so appealing! After a brief price enquiry the lady told me there was a spot to jump at 11am that day. It was 10.20 am, so I did it, and it was the best thing ever! I jumped 15,000 ft and in 60 seconds of free fall fell 3600m, falling 60m a second.My nerves were calmed as my tandem jumper was called Kim, I called him Kim Kardashian. He first jumped at the age of nine and was the youngest skydiver in Europe (or so he said), but he had already jumped seven times that day, so I figured he was in a good state of mind. I got the whole shabang package due to fear and just paid whatever so it was booked. But my skydive video is far too embarrassing and ugly to ever have featured on KUWT, none of the K's, Bruce, Scott or the kiddies would have ever had the hamster cheeks that donned my face. 



No comments:

Post a Comment